Flying Colours Events
is a boutique services company providing events facilitation and management services to help you maximise the specific cultural and commercial outcomes of your event.
With experience on large scale events like The Falls Music and Arts Festival, Melbourne Cup Carnival, and other large and smaller festivals, we work with our own team and/or mentor your people on everything from event leadership, avoiding common errors, planning which tasks need to be tackled when, matching staff levels to demand, improved staff retention and productivity, cash management systems, performer liaison and minimising last minute problems. Principle consultant Sharon Davis provides a safe space where staff feel supported and comfortable to learn what they might not realise they are missing.
We help to enhance your customers experience, nurture the event’s unique character and increase your management control by introducing appropriate event management and business disciplines. We deliver:
- personality and effective communication within corporate events, and
- managed consumer and commercial outcomes in the festival environment.
Flying Colours Events has over 25 years events management experience. We form long term service relationships with our clients and have been responsible for consistent year on year commercial growth in our specific areas of expertise within various major events.
- Reliability and professionalism
- Can-do / will-do attitude
- Clear understanding of the fundamental outcomes and the ability to achieve them
- Encouraging the best in people
- Drawing knowledge from experienced staff / stakeholders / participants to create improvements in the overall event framework
- Making practical, achievable improvement recommendations
- Application of good management discipline
- Calm organisation and preparedness for the unknown
- Communicating sensitively with all parties including staff, sponsors, stakeholders and partners
- Management clarity, control and reporting
Flying Colours Events are very experienced in all of the complexities, organisation and communication involved in operating large community events with management teams who may have been drawn together specifically for the event and make extensive use of temporary infrastructure.
Our approach is strongly influenced by our extensive professional experience as Educator, Association Executive Officer and professional conference and festival organiser.
We believe that strong professional and management disciplines successfully applied in an events environment achieve better commercial outcomes and improved experience for event participants.
The two key cornerstones of a successful event are professionalism and communication.
Happy patrons attending a smoothly operated event will want to attend future events-and your business will grow. Effective communication management involving all aspects of your event operation promotes key staff retention and a clear and consistent message with which all participants feel personally involved.
Sharon Davis – Principal Consultant
Sharon is a dynamic and passionate promoter of practical and repeatable solutions to events issues.
Sharon has extensive experience in training, mentoring and leading teams in the festival and corporate event environment. She has a Bachelor of Arts (Arts Management) from Edith Cowan University.
Her experience includes:
- Festival Director; Scout About, the South Melbourne Street Fair
- Swinburne-Lecturer in Events Management
- AACA-Executive Officer, National Association of Campus Activities Officers
- The Falls Festival-Food and Beverage Manager
- Earthcore Carnival-Bar Manager
- Melbourne Cup Carnival-Area Manager, Recruitment, Training
- Tourism Victoria-Manager-Better Business Tourism Accreditation Program
- Melbourne University-Entertainment and Events Manager
- Momentum Management Practice Management-Model Development
- Justice Environments Conference-Conference Manager
We have experience in local and national events from 50 to 100,000 participants. We take control, operate a component, or provide management services or improvement recommendations as most befits our clients needs.
We believe in events that are professionally operated, compelling, deepen stakeholder relationships, down to earth and practical – and achieve exceptional outcomes for all. Flying Colours Events will provide you with;
- One central point of contact.
- Proven track record in conference management, sponsorship and exhibition.
- Personalised and professional service.
- Cost effective management of your conference.
- Flexibility to meet your individual needs.
- Reduced workloads for your voluntary committee.
- A professional image of your organisation and event.